Your marketing duties don’t end once you’ve driven a visitor to your site.
You still need to convert the visitor into a buyer.
These conversion rate optimization resources will help turn your traffic into leads, customers and sales.
CRO involves a structured and systematic approach to test a wide variety of features on your site which could be causing a bottleneck and driving users away. This can range from your copy, landing pages, call-to-actions, pricing strategy, and whole customer acquisition process.
With paid advertising getting costlier and more competitive by the day, CRO provides an alternative low-cost method to create momentum and take you ahead of your competition.
This guide will provide you with best-practice resources that you can use to implement on our site and a list of tools to carry out testing to identify choke points on your site.
Landing Page Tools
If you’re going to run a successful CRO campaign, you’ll have to create and test a lot of landing pages.
You’re spoiled for choice when it comes to tools in this category. Where there were hardly any CRO landing page testing tools a few years ago, there is now an avalanche of powerful tools.
A good landing page tool will offer:
- A large range of landing page templates
- A way to quickly customize landing page templates
- A way to test landing pages
Here are some of my favorite conversion rate optimization tools for building & testing landing pages:
Unbounce lets marketers build, publish and test landing pages. It’s probably my favorite tool for building landing pages, and certainly the most popular among marketers and small businesses.
Unbounce also recently launched “Convertables” which are a suite of tools for converting visitors to leads.
It’s not exactly cheap; the basic plan starts at $79/month. For the recommended plan, be prepared to shell out $159/month.
Besides a smashing domain name (seriously, you can’t get better than Convert.com), Convert also offers enterprise-grade personalization capabilities.
I haven’t tested this one out personally so I can’t comment on how good (or bad) it is. I do know some fast growing companies that use it and swear by its robustness.
Either way, you’ll have to shell out a pretty penny for it. Pricing starts at $499/month for the cheapest plan (yikes!) – kinda befitting the “enterprise-grade” moniker.
3. Lander App
The LanderApp promises “free” landing page creation and testing capabilities. This makes it ideal for small businesses and solopreneurs who want to get started with conversion rate optimization but don’t have the budget (or the traffic) to support it.
If you do decide to upgrade to a paid plan, the cheapest plan would set you back by just $16/month. However, this gives you just 5k tested visitors. Good for small websites but nowhere near enough to have an impact.
LeadPages has quickly emerged as one of the internet’s favorite landing page and opt-in form creation tools. It works particularly well for bloggers thanks to the close integration with Drip (which LeadPages acquired last year).
LeadPages’ strength is its opt-in form feature. For pure A/B testing, however, you’ll find it lacking in robustness and accuracy. Small businesses will like its ease of use and the extensive library of templates.
LeadPages is one of the more affordable tools on this list of conversion rate optimization resources. Plans start at just $25/month if you pay annually.
Optimizely calls itself the world’s leading “experience optimization platform”. Beyond simple landing pages, Optimizely provides website and mobile A/B testing and personalization for the world’s leading brands (such as NYTimes).
Optimizely is the tool you’ll want to use if you:
- Have a lot of traffic, and
- Want a robust, enterprise-grade suite of testing tools
Optimizely has a bunch of products to choose from, including a mobile optimization suite. It’s best that you check out the pricing page to understand the different plans better.
- Marketizator is a tool which integrates 3 major features: web personalization, surveys, and A/B testing.
- Maxymiser allows marketers to test, target and personalize what a customer see on a web page or mobile app
- Optimization tool that allows creation of A/B tests
- AB Testing tool that allows tests to be carried out in a few minutes without technical knowledge.
- Allows you to build, publish, segment, personalize, and optimize your landing pages without the need for hosting or third-party software.
47. Five Second Test
- Allows you to test home page designs, landing pages, logos, brochures and marketing material.
48. Button Optimizer
- Allows you to design and customize call-to-action buttons in minutes.
- Allows you to run a website speed test using real browsers at consumer connection speeds
- Clicktale is analytics platform enabling e-businesses to have an insight into their clients’ online behavior.
9. Crazy Egg
- Crazy Egg offers click, scroll and heat maps giving you a visual overview of how your users are navigating the site
10. Decibel Insight
- Decibel Insight is an analytics tool offering dynamic heatmaps, form analytics, behavioral alerts, and error reporting.
11. Heap Analytics
- Heap Analytics automatically captures every user action in your web or iOS app and lets you quantify the results.
- HotJar provides you the big picture by revealing online user behavior by combining analysis and feedback tools
- Analytics product which helps you identify, understand, and improve metrics that drive your online business.
- Lucky Orange offers lets you quickly see who is on your site and interact with them in a variety of ways.
- Popular tools for funnel and user behavior analysis.
- Mouseflow is a heatmap tool that shows how visitors click, move, scroll, browse, and pay attention on websites.
19. Open Hallway
- Open Hallway allows you to record users either remotely or locally and watch the video result from your browser.
- SessionCam is a visual web analytics tool that allows website owners to record and play back any website activity on their website whenever a visitor interacts with their site
- UsabilityHub allows you to run preference tests which help you to confidently choose between two design options by asking users which one they prefer.
- Analytics tool for user session replay and in-page visual web analytics
- Web Analytics tool which provides you with historic and real-time data regarding website traffic.
- Heatmap allows you to explore heat maps and real-time page statistics.
- Inspectlet records videos of your visitors as they use your site and allows you to see everything they do
- Heatmap platform that uses visual representations to let you know how your site is converting visitor actions.
Opt-In Form and Pop-Up Tools
- Provides data on time-spent-on-popup and on-site allowing you to determine effectiveness.
- HelloBar is a lead capture tool that allows you to add a popup form to your website to grow your email list, and promote your social pages.
- SumoMe is a WordPress plugin that offers a plethora of tools to help you grow your email list.
- Suite of tools by Hubspot which provides allows you to get insights into everyone who fills out a form on your site
Customer Surveys and Feedback Tools
- Kampyle allows businesses to listen and engage with their customers
- Qualaroo is a website survey tool which makes it easy to uncover customer insights
- Qualtrics is web based software that allows the user to create surveys and generate reports without having any previous programming knowledge..
- SurveyGizmo offers easy-to-create online surveys
- Survey Monkey is a popular tool for creating and distributing surveys
- Woopra delivers live granular behavioral data for individual website visitors and customers..
- Allows users to launch a number of browsers to test out their websites right in your browser
- Allows website owners to test their websites across various browsers on different operating systems and mobile devices.
- Custora is a predictive tool which informs how customers will behave in the future.
Content Optimization and Analysis Tools
- Content optimization tool for online marketing and SEO
- LandBook allows you to explore methods of how other companies are utilizing elements such as copy, positioning, layout, and design.
29. Headline Analyzer
- Tool which analyzes headlines to determine its emotional marketing value (EMV) score.
- Buzzsumo is a powerful search tool which tracks content on all social networking sites (ie; Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and ranks them based on the number of shares
38. Effective Experiments
- Comprehensive project management and workflow platform to help CRO teams collaborate and keep everyone up to date
- Formisimo is an advanced form analytics tool that records how users interact with your fields.
- ScreenFly is an application which helps designers make sure their website appears as desired on all device forms out there.
Spending money on advertising to remove barriers in your conversion funnel is pouring money down the drain. If visitors on your site are not doing what you want them to do, you need to follow a optimization process. Guesses and hunches will only get you so far.
With this guide, you have seen that conversion rate optimization involves analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to discover methods for continual improvement in user experience.
You now have the tools, knowledge, and know-how of how to tackle bottlenecks on your site and be on the right track for success.